Westford, MA - United States
CIMCON Software in Westford, MA provides risk management software that helps identify, evaluate, and mitigate the business risks inherent in end-user computing (EUC) applications. Reporting to the CEO, Solution Architect is a multi-faceted position involving pre- and post-sales work at prospective clients, as well as a smaller degree of product development as necessary to generate revenue growth.
- Communicate with external prospects and customers to understand their end-user computing risk-related business processes and system requirements.
- Advise and assist clients in the provisioning of the system, from determining the scope of the hardware and the software needed, to delivering, installing and configuring the system to meet client requirements.
- Developing and configuring risk software features/functionality to conform to and support the client's localized EUC Risk Management Policy.
- Provide system maintenance and advice to clients on an ongoing basis by monitoring and analysing client's computing environment and identifying and recommending the best configuration.
- Communicate with clients regarding newer versions of IT infrastructure, including Windows Desktop, Server, SQL Server database, and Microsoft Office environments, and evaluate their impact on the CIMCON system; Identify and define steps to migrate, including upgrades to newer versions of the CIMCON application.
- Work closely with and advise clients to help them upgrade to new versions, perform data migration and test new system to minimize downtime or impact to end-users, and define customized product enhancement requests for CIMCON Products as and when needed.
- Provide technical support to clients/end-users with their usage of the system by answering functional queries and providing other related technical support to troubleshoot issues.
- Collaborate with the CIMCON Support Team to ensure timely resolution of all open issues in order to be compliant with all contractual Service Level Agreements.
- Participate in product management for CIMCON's software products utilizing first-hand knowledge of client feedback.
- Travel domestically (less than 10%) to existing and prospect clients as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Software Engineering, or related IT field (foreign equivalent accepted), plus
- 5 years of client-facing experience as a Solution Architect, IT Business Analyst, Implementation or Systems Engineer, or related technical position;
- Five (5) years of experience managing applications using the following technologies: Windows Server operating system; Oracle and Active Directory security tools; IIS and Sharepoint web technologies; VMWare and Citrix virtual technologies; SQL and .NET languages; and Cloud environment;
- Expertise or advanced knowledge of spreadsheet risk management / EUC tools and programs, including enterprise software installation, configuration, training and system maintenance;
- Strong domain understanding of EUC-related risk management practices and requirements, including inventory, discovery, logic inspection, and change management;
- Experience with application backup and redundancy options (such as Network Load Balancing (NLB)), and security standards and protocols (such as SSL and HTTPS);
- Experience working with internal and external clients and assessing clients' hardware, software and data migration needs;
- Experience with troubleshooting software system malfunctions and providing practical solutions for clients; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Full-time; position is located at 234 Littleton Road, Westford, MA. Interested applicants should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Ref#SA-2019; no phone calls please.